expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Monday 22 August 2016

Style Watch, Inspiration: Solange



"You can have anything you want in life if you dress for it." —Edith Head

Today will take a look at Solange, her love of fashion and let alone colour inspires. She has embraced print and colour,  I actually think yellow might be one of her favourite colors. Fearless in her approach to all things fashion, she knows her style very well.  

There is no need to break the bank (especially in this economy and knowing for a fact Kwacha is just that Kwacha) to be fashionable, let alone stylish. 
Lets take a look at how she owns her style below;  

COLOUR BLOCKING

There are colours I thought should never be worn together. But the more the fashion Gods endow me with fashion sense and wisdom of course! I am slowly coming to terms with the fact that fashion is an ever evolving art.
If you are not yet too sure of which colours to pick for your colour blocked ensemble. Start from the basics of the basics if that even makes sense, black and white, the Father and Mother of all colours.

Here Chiko pairs a white blazer with black pants and some detailed shoes.




 


 


Here Lubunga of KUSE pairs a cobalt blue peplum blouse with loud pink pants and look at that pink ribbon on the black shoes.


 
We have always loved denim, need we say much. A chunky chain definitely takes this outfit to another level. Shopping your closet should be your thing, the pink pants make me a good repeat offender. Which saves me money and the much needed closest space.

 

Sometimes we are so pressed for time, so why not just throw on, a piece that is already colour blocked, like this black and yellow shift dress. Check out the beauty of that natural hair in this image.




Fuschia, black and green now who would have thought!

PRINTED

I think it goes without saying; Solange is the queen of mix and match. 
Whenever I am in doubt I turban. Not too sure about print or maybe you are not into print overload, pick a piece, say a floral jacket or a floral kimono jacket like I did here while keeping the rest of your outfit in block colours.









Like I always say, when in doubt turban....A printed turban/headscarf/chitambala is the way to go for adding some extra va va voom to your outiftt. (Lubunga is me, the lady in the picture above).


NATURAL HAIR

With or without extensions she has made such a huge impact on the natural hair movement. She makes me want to wear my hair out more often.
You see sometimes our own real hair looks much more polished than extensions do. I am one whose always questioning my inner African Goddess whether I really need extensions or not.



Of course I am fully clothed, well sort of!


   
 TAILORED
This is one sure way of always looking polished and well put together. Sometimes I would get a piece that’s too way big for me, or just doesn’t fit quite right and take it to the tailor for a nip and tuck here and there, ill-fitting clothes are never ever in! oooh well that's a story for another day!
  
#Stayblessed





2 comments:

Anicheberry said...

Work it girl! I love Solange's style and she has absolutely no barriers in front of her when it comes to what she wears! There really should never be any barriers!
http://anicheberry.blogspot.co.za/2016/08/social-media-source-of-motivation-or.html

shazz4life said...

Thank you Anichebrry.